PICK OF THE WEEK
With school closed for the rest of the 2019-2020 school year, I am encouraging elementary students to keep on reading! If you have books at home, read them! If you have access to books online, read those as well. Remember that all students can take Accelerated Reader tests anywhere they have Internet access. Although 5th graders won't benefit from taking AR tests, students returning to Goessel Elementary in August will have all Accelerated Reader points carry over to next school year. Instructions for taking AR tests are listed below. If you have questions, please e-mail Mr. Pauls at email@example.com.
HOW TO TAKE AN ACCELERATED READER TEST FROM HOME
1. On the school website, highlight the elementary school page and then click on “Web Accelerated Reader”.
2. Once in Accelerated Reader, click on “I’m a Student”.
3. Enter the student’s user name and password.
- For kindergarten through 4th grade, student user names are first name dot last name. Passwords are the student’s first name and lunch number without any spaces.
EXAMPLE: User Name: john.smith
- For 5th grade, student user names are first and last name with no space in between. Passwords are the student’s first and last initial without any space.
EXAMPLE: User Name: johnsmith
4. Click on the orange box and then type in the name of the test you are wanting to take. Make sure that you have the correct version of the test.
5. Once the student has completed the test, he/she can log out in the upper right hand corner.